How to install and use a preset for Adobe Lightroom for mobile: solutions for both iOS and Android systems.
How many times have you happened to find both on Facebook and on Instagram advertisements that invite you to buy presets for Lightroom. Editing a photo with faded colors, giving particular attention to specific details, creating artistic effects. For all this, presets for Lightroom can help you above all to avoid a lot of work. This is how many influencers and photographers make collections of their presets available that anyone can buy and use with Adobe Lightroom. Let’s find out together with this guide how to upload and save Lightroom presets for your phone.
What is a preset for Lightroom?
Lightroom is a photo editing software developed by Adobe. This software exists for both computer and mobile (Adobe Lightroom App for iOS and Android). It allows you to edit photos by acting on many settings. We know how many artists are better than others at creating incredible edits and finally, thanks to presets, we can also apply the same identical filters used to our photos.
A preset is a combination of parameters that are applied to our photo. These parameters include certain values of saturation, contrast, vividness and many others. Applying a specific preset, automatically, to our photo all the parameters included in the preset will be modified according to the values decided by the one who created the preset. These adjustments can also dramatically change the appearance of the original photo!
How to upload and save a preset for Lightroom (app)
Presets are sent through the use of an editable photo in the .dng format. When we open a .dng photo with the Lightroom app we will not find all the parameters at zero and centered as in a normal photo, but we will see all the parameters set by the author exactly to reproduce the desired effect. At this point, simply save these settings as a preset, so that you can apply them to any other photo.
Let’s see step by step how to install a preset for Lightroom mobile:
- Download the .zip archive where usually your present are.
- Upload Unzipped Folder with .dng files to your phone (using i.e. iCloud, Google Drive, email)
- Open Adobe Lightroom for Mobile
- Click the “… Settings Button and choose “Add Photos” option
- Select the .dng file (preset) you would like to upload. The preset will be uploaded in your app.
- Open the .dng file, then click on the …” Settings Button and click on “Create Preset”. Give the name you want and click save.
- Your preset is saved and ready to use
How to use a preset for Lightroom mobile.
Using a preset saved in your Lightroom software is extremely easy and fast. With a few clicks you can give beautiful effects to your photos without having to start all over again with all the settings. Let’s see how to do that.
- Choose a picture you would like to edit in Mobile Lightroom.
- Scroll down the bottom bar to the left, until you find “Preset” and click that.
- Select the preset you want to use from the list and your photo will be modified.
After applying the preset, the photo can still be modified by adjusting the individual settings. It is thus possible, starting from each preset, to adapt or modify it for each individual photo.
Remember to save the photo when you have achieved the desired result.